By Leslie Hunt
Written via a kite maker for the U.S. climate Bureau, this consultant gains specific directions for growing regular two-stick kites, six-point stars, figural kites, balloon kites, tetrahedral kites, field kites, and plenty of different kinds. whole descriptions of equipment and fabrics include directions for making tails, reeling and stringing, and masses extra. 70 illustrations.
Read or Download 25 Kites That Fly PDF
Best crafts books
Discover ways to make 122 beautiful floral parts with ribbon, utilizing simply 7 simple knots and stitches. Create a beautiful textile panorama and fill it with appealing ribbon blooms like candy cottage daffodils, daring and vivid dahlias, or excellent little candy peas. compatible for each ability point, this fundamental advisor exhibits you the entire flower-making fundamentals with lots of how-to photographs.
A visible catalog for jewellery, bead artists and crafters who will enjoy the chance to have such a lot of principles at their fingertips to motivate their very own tasks
This publication could be the moment quantity of Quarry's 1,000 series-an eye candy-laden follow-up to the very profitable 1,000 Artist buying and selling Cards(Quarry, Spring 2007).
A show off of attractive jewellery bits and items, "bling" and elaborations, will feed the artistic appetites of crafters and jewellery makers all over. This moment craft assortment will supply colour, sparkle, texture, measurement, and shrewdpermanent, inventive use of fabrics. One piece of jewellery may have a number of sights to be highlighted: an vintage clasp, textured lampwork beads, and complicated knots.
Re-Bound is a gorgeous e-book on bookbinding with a enjoyable eco-friendly twist-all the tasks use recycled and upcycled fabrics. This booklet indicates you ways to take daily fabrics from round the condominium, flea markets, thrift shops, and shops and switch them into smart and attention-grabbing hand-made books.
Sew your approach to Scandinavian kind as you embody minimum, glossy layout. Luxuriate within the textures of summery linens and wintry weather wools as you stitch 18 initiatives, from upscale domestic decor to wearables. You'll love the stylish but beginner-friendly sewing and embroidery patterns—the ideal method to beautify ready-mades or to stitch from scratch.
- Colorful Fabric Collage: Sketch, Fuse, Quilt!
- Patchwork City: 75 Innovative Blocks for the Modern Quilter - Sampler Quilts
- Make Your Own Dress Patterns
- Japanese Paper Crafting: Create 17 Paper Craft Projects & Make your own Beautiful Washi Paper
- Making Hand-Dipped Candles (Storey's Country Wisdom Bulletin A-192)
- Modular Origami Polyhedra (Revised and Enlarged Edition)
Additional resources for 25 Kites That Fly
Place the template on the selected paper. Fasten the wax paper with tape so that the paper does not slide. It is best if you use paper tape. Cut it out with the scalpel. 3. Use the brush handle on the back of the shape to create a slight rounding. 4. Cut out a small branch with as many stems as you have cherries. 5. Fasten a piece of double-sided tape or glue on the backside of the cherries and put them on the branch. indd 50 (Text) 11/13/14 4:05 PM 11/13/14 3:51 PM (F47)_Job:10-42089 Title: RP - I Love Paper Dtp:221 Page:50 42089 - I Lo 42089 - I Lo 3/14 4:05 PM 3/14 3:51 PM Love Paper 1 Page:50 Cherries 2 step by step 1.
Take a green piece of paper and cut thin strips of 5⁄64–1⁄8" (2–3 mm). 2. Use the brush handle to bend the strips on both sides so that they get a wavy shape. 3. Cut off the strips and roll them up carefully into little balls between your hands. 4. Place the sea grass balls next to the sushi pieces. 5. Cut out small sesame seeds on your chosen paper that can be scattered when everything is in place. indd 48 (Text) 11/13/14 4:05 PM 11/13/14 3:51 PM (F47)_Job:10-42089 Title: RP - I Love Paper Dtp:221 Page:48 42089 - I Lo 42089 - I Lo Tamago template Sea grass template 3/14 4:05 PM 3/14 3:51 PM Love Paper 1 Page:48 Rice template Avocado template Tamago template Cherry template version 1 (See the description on page 50).
4. Trace the templates for salmon, avocado, and tamago on the wax paper and place them on suitable colors and cut out the shapes. 5. For the salmon, it is a good idea to make white lines so that you get a true salmon feeling. You can achieve this by fastening double-sided tape on the back of white paper and then cut out rounded lines (similar to the bacon, on page 39) that you fasten on the pink shape. If the white lines stick out, it is easy to do a clean cut or cut away the pieces. After that, fasten the salmon by using a piece of the double-sided tape on one of the sushi pieces.